| || |
November 30, 2020.
Mahabharat Rural Municipality, Ward 2,
Rajedada, Salli Khola drinking water project.
The water is brought down from the mountaintops. Trenches for the pipes are dug by hand with picks and shovels. Everyone pitches in. Water is carried down through the pipes and stored in cisterns. The cisterns service the taps in the village.
The villagers have worked with us to get things done.
Feb. 6, 2021
A Year ago today, an intrepid NSP band of volunteers were trekking through the villages of Kavre visiting our completed Projects for 2019/20. Hard to believe, with all that has happened this year. NSP Nepal has continued to complete work there, as the main Covid outbreaks have been in Kathmandu, with the villages being relatively safe. Great news for them but daunting for us from a fundraising perspective.
Our last request for donations, just before Christmas raised about $10,000.00 Our annual budget is $100,000.00 So please we need your help, no matter what the amount.
Please visit our website to donate: www.nepalschoolprojects.ca
On a recent Skype call with Babulal and Suraj, they reported the following developments:
1. Drinking water projects: built in 3 different villages, will be completed totally in 2 months
- Salli Khola: 20 taps, 4 cisterns; 50 households; 300 people
- Girdum Khola: 36 taps; 2 cisterns; 40 households; 265 people
- Tirpani Khola: 50 taps; 2 cisterns; 80 households; 560 people
3. Chamran Basi School - work completed included a new roof on an existing school (originally built by Michael), latrines and drinking water.
The villagers have been very involved in completing the grunt work with many women carrying stone for the construction of buildings. Gravel is made by hand with a hammer. NSP Nepal reports that the villagers have been extremely pleased with the progress and are very happy to work with NSP. It is so important that drinking water and latrines be available to all.
Thank you for your continued support.