- Liam ”Sometimes the schools do not even have a blackboard or learning tools. Sometimes, the drinking well and latrine are shared by the whole village”
- Mary ”It was very clear to me upon entering the village just how critical the school was to the whole village. It served as the central hub of the village and more often than not, had the only latrine and fresh well water, to service the entire village. These simple but critical elements were a complete game changer for these isolated villages.”
- Laurie “The experience of my journey through Nepal is indelibly etched in my memory. I was not fully prepared for the fact that the school's fresh water supply and new latrines were the connection for the people living in the village and surrounding area. To think that in most cases, these are the only facilities available within a 2 hour walk was unfathomable. Fresh and clean water is certainly not a given. There is still much work to be done for these wonderful people, some of which will only be possible through the donations collected.”
- Terri “Our journey to Nepal was life changing for me. Without NSP water systems, latrines and schools, women have to walk miles for fresh water and children would not have the opportunity to attend school. It was amazing to see such joy and gratitude, in people who have so little. Our support will relieve some of the pressures they endure, due to poverty. Our financial support is so important.”
With your financial help, we have been able to carry on our vital work in the poor mountain villages of Nepal. Thanks to you, hundreds of children have a dry, safe roof over their heads while they attend school classes. Thousands have the benefit of clean drinking water and sanitary latrines.
Covid-19 prevents us from holding our traditional, annual fundraiser and today we are asking you to make an online donation, so that our work in these remote villages can continue. As much as NSP has done, there is still so much to do.
With the input of our Board members in Nepal, we choose the most critical projects, such as water taps to deliver clean water. Many of our aging school buildings need repair. Many schools still do not have working latrines attached, forcing children to go home during their school day in order to relieve themselves. Covid19 has not helped the situation in Nepal. In the early days of the pandemic, NSP provided funds for sacks of rice for distribution in the remote villages. As a new lockdown is imminent the same request is expected, therefore more funds are needed.
We desperately need your help to support these poor villages.
- Could you spare a few dollars from your holiday gift giving to help us, help Nepal?
- As you plan your year-end financial plan, will you please remember us?
- If you are looking for a unique gift for someone this holiday season, please consider a donation in lieu to Nepal School Projects.
- Who wouldn’t love to think that they have put a smile on a young face in Nepal by helping to provide a meal, a clean drinking source, or a new school?
Nepal School Projects wishes you a safe and happy Holiday Season. THANK YOU!!!
Please follow this Canada Help’s link and add your name, to give Nepal School Projects the opportunity to win $5,000.00 for our charity.