"The New Humanitarian.org states that, "While the coronavirus surge in India has dominated global attention, a parallel crisis has been unfolding largely in the shadows in neighbouring Nepal, pushing a beleaguered health system to the brink.”
"The Himalayan nation has a fraction of India’s population – and of its health resources – but its weekly coronavirus cases and deaths are among the highest in the world on a per capita basis. Nepal has recorded roughly 163 cases per 100,000 people over the last week, according to World Health Organization figures. India, where a second wave triggered rounds of emergency aid pledges, recorded about 98. Nepal’s hospitals have been crammed to capacity or beyond for the last month. There are shortages of oxygen, medicine, and vital equipment..."
Click here to donate. Help those in need in Nepal.
A donation to Nepal School Projects will help to make this Nepali mother’s dream for her children come true.
… “Drinking water is a problem in villages, as it takes up to three hours each day to fetch water”
… “clean water saves children from diseases”
… “before we had latrines, villagers used open areas”
… “NSP has provided basic education to the children in the villages”
Click here to donate. Help those in need in Nepal.
In February of 2020, a group of us were able to go to Nepal to visit some of the villages. These are some brief comments from our, “first time” travellers:
Our little band of NSP supporters trekked into the village of Kumari, where NSP has recently built a new primary school, water tap and latrines. We also distributed new school bags to each of the school children so that they can carry their books to and from home each day. If only we could have bottled up the looks of pride on the faces of those children as they sported their new school bags and showed off their new school.
As we enter this holiday season, we at Nepal School Projects, would like to THANK YOU for your past support.
With your financial help, we have been able to carry on our vital work in the poor mountain villages of Nepal. Thanks to you, hundreds of children have a dry, safe roof over their heads while they attend school classes. Thousands have the benefit of clean drinking water and sanitary latrines.
Covid-19 prevents us from holding our traditional, annual fundraiser and today we are asking you to make an online donation, so that our work in these remote villages can continue. As much as NSP has done, there is still so much to do.
With the input of our Board members in Nepal, we choose the most critical projects, such as water taps to deliver clean water. Many of our aging school buildings need repair. Many schools still do not have working latrines attached, forcing children to go home during their school day in order to relieve themselves. Covid19 has not helped the situation in Nepal. In the early days of the pandemic, NSP provided funds for sacks of rice for distribution in the remote villages. As a new lockdown is imminent the same request is expected, therefore more funds are needed.
We desperately need your help to support these poor villages.
Nepal School Projects wishes you a safe and happy Holiday Season. THANK YOU!!!
Please follow this Canada Help’s link and add your name, to give Nepal School Projects the opportunity to win $5,000.00 for our charity.
Following are the progress of project up to now.
1. Bhairaw School Bethanchok Rural Municipality Ward no. 1
2. Hattechheda Latrine construction
Project Khanikhola Rural Municipality ward no. 7
3. Trivenikholsa WASH Project Khanikhola Rural Municipality ward no.7
NSP sponsors a few students who attend the Kathmandu English School. These children work so hard at school and get fantastic grades. This is Shreejana Ghalans report.
School Bag Distribution Program
School Bag Distribution program.
1. School Bag distribution program have been accomplished in Bethanchok Rural Municipality - 1 for 100 students of Bhairab Secondary School.
2. School Bag distribution programs have been accomplished in BethanchoRural Municipality - 1, Kalangsing for 70 students of Bhairab Primary School.
3. School Bag distribution programs have been accomplished in Khanikhola Rural Municipality - 7 Milche, for 100 students of Buddha Secondary School.
4. School Bag distribution programs have been accomplished in Khanikhola Rural Municipality - 7 Milche Mahankal, for 100 students of Janahit Secondary School.
5. School Bag distribution programs have been accomplished in Khanikhola Rural Municipality - 4 Jagthali, for 200 students of Kumari Secondary School.
6. School Bag distribution programs have been accomplished in Khanikhola Rural Municipality - 4 Beltar, for 70 students of Gyanjyoti Secondary School.
1. Gyanjyoti Primary school Building
2 rooms including 2 toilets, 1 tap stand, 20 sets of Furniture, 1 cupboard, 1 table, 5 chairs in Khanikhola Rural Municipality-4, Beltar.
2. Kumari School "Arnold Irwin school" compound program has been accomplished in Khanikhola Rural Municipality - 4, Jagthali.
3. Triveni Chhyang Chhyang Water Supply project has been accomplished in Khanikhola Rural Municipality - 7 including 7 Tank, 86 tap Stand for 250 households.
4. Scholarship distribution programs have been accomplished for 5 students.
We'll keep you apprised of all developments and news about our projects in Nepal.